Monday, July 26, 2010

Unfinished Business

I have been struggling off and on with the unfinished business. Dave and I had a strained relationship. There are many questions that I would like answered. Should I go to an séance? A medium? I’ve never believed in these activities – but I’d like some answers and I have a few things to say as well. I have several apologies; explanations and I’d like to say Thank you. I really wish that we had had more time – time to work through our difficulties, time to resolve some issues, time to grow and become a stable, strong couple together. We loved each other greatly, but we were a bit of a mismatch. He was still a single man at the age of 49 when I met him, well ingrained in the world of dating and meeting other singles. I was fresh out of 25 years of marriage and raising a family. He was a flirty extrovert, I am a reserved introvert. He had no relationship experience; I had a great depth of experience with one relationship. We were opposites in so many ways but that was truly part of the attraction. I wanted more liveliness and socializing in my life and he wanted more stability and a long lasting relationship.
We were both newbies to our situation. The attraction to each other was palpable. The love that developed quickly was consuming. We respected and admired each other, we had fun together, we were good together, but there were issues that held us back from true commitment. I wish that we could have resolved them before Dave died. It doesn’t feel good that he died and I am left with this ache of how it could have been, how we didn’t get to resolve and work through our shit.
Sigh.

5 comments:

  1. I've known some people to go to a medium to ask questions. I would probably just ask questions aloud and hope to hear the answers in my heart. For us, there was no unfinished stuff -- I guess we had enough time to say it all. Either way, I guess there are things we will never know - silences. - Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lady: http://www.julianna.com.au/about-juliana.html gave me a lot of peace. not that G and I had any unresolved issues but she gave me guidance and her understanding and information was spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you need a medium to ask these things...but I guess that depends on what you believe about the afterlife. I talk to my late beloved every day. I believe he's listening...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FWIW, we were also left with plenty of unfinished business...things I think we could have resolved given more time...but there was not more time. He died suddenly. We were given no warning. There was not more time. Memory Eternal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hira,
    Thank you for leaving your comments. I just had a peek at your profile and I am sorry for your loss. Welcome to my blog, I hope you can gain some comfort and feel like you are not alone.
    Blessings,
    Dorthea

    ReplyDelete